Tuesday 13 September 2011

Inspiration for Magazine Advertisement and CD Cover.


Magazine Inspiration
This is an advertisement from a magazine for a Stone Roses' album. The thing I liked most about this advertisement was the layout and the way it looks messy but still organised and readable. The background is like a paint splatter, which would go well with my music video theme of a party and the things associated with them - chaos etc. I also think the way the information is presented in a huge paint splatter is interesting. Taking this advertisement as our main inspiration we would keep the idea of the background but chnage the colour scheme to brighter, neon colours. Ans we would keep the bands name at the top, but place our cd cover in the middle.








This is an advertisement for Madonna's album Celebration. I chose this advertisement because I like the messy theme that has been used as her face and the main text background appears to have been spraypainted on which I think is interesting. I also like the bright colours used, and how three main colours - blue, pink and yellow have been used as it doesnt overload the poster.















This an advertisement for Crystal Castle's album Black Panther. I really like this advertisement because of the abstract theme of it, and how it appears like each image has just been indifferently placed on the page. However, the main image and band name still manages to maintain the attention, which is why I like the layout. Also, I like the simple colour scheme used. It would also appear to my target audience because of the genre of music that the band is from and the layout of the advertisement.




















CD Cover Inspiration

This is an album cover for Pegasus Bridge's album Ribena. I like the minimalist approach, and the way that the edges appear blurred at the the side as it draws the eye towards the band. However, it would not suit the syle of the band we are using and would not go well with the theme of our music video. But I do like how the main focus of the cover is the band so I will be using that as part of my CD Cover.

This is an album cover for All Time Low's album dirty work. Like the cover of Pegasus Bridge's album the band is the main focus but there is a 'party element' with the bottle of alcohol being sprayed. This would be more suitable to our music choice and theme of our video so I will be using this idea as inspiration.






This image is from a You Me At Six Photoshoot. The image appears to show the band after a party which keeps in theme with my group's music video and therefore would be a suitable image to take inspiration from for our main album cover image.

No comments:

Post a Comment