Saturday 17 September 2011

Inspirations for CD Back Cover & Inside Sleeve.



Paramore - Riot! (Album Back Cover)
There are several things which made this album cover appealing to me. I like how the album title has been used to form a patterned background with the song titles in the middle in a contrasting colour. It draws the audience's gaze straight to the song titles' due to the colours standing out against each other. I also like how the image used on the back cover is the same for the album's front cover, which is unconventional and interesting. I think the font is also interesting and would suit our target audience as the handwriting style is quite youthful and would therefore appeal to them more than a normal, generic font.


Bon Jovi - Crossroad (Album Back Cover)
I particularly like the layout of the back cover, how the album tracks seem to be almost stamped onto the main image as it overlaps on to the man's body. I also like how it is minimalistic, nothing is overwhelming and everything is easy to see individually. The colour scheme is also limited which helps add to the faded effect of the cover. The style is interesting and would appeal to our target audience. However, the retro element may not fit in with our genre of music.



Unknown Band/Album (Album Back Cover)
Similar to the Paramore album, I like how text has been used to form an integral part of the background and how a limited black/white colour scheme has been used to add to the minimalism of the cover. I also like how a black background has been used behind the album track titles which makes them stand out on the cover.



Paramore - Riot! (Inside Sleeve)
Similar to the rest of the album theme, tet has been used to form a background. I particularly like that they are the lyrics to one of the songs on the album, rather than unrelated text. I also like how the image of the lead singer is graphic, making it less realistic and more like a drawing-type image, something which I think would appeal to our target audience.


Unknown Artist/Album (Inside Sleeve)
I think that the layout of the inside sleeve is very original and realistic, the use of simple everyday items helps to make more personal and relatable to the audience. I also like how the items look as if they have simply been thrown together which makes it look effortless.



Charlie Mayfair - Unknown Album (Inside Sleeve)
I think the most eye-catching thing about this inside sleeve is the font. It stands out against the plain, aged background and appears to look almost like handwriting. The background itself also adds to this effect as it looks like paper. Although it is not necessarily in with the theme of our genre I think that the use of font is something that our group would like to use for our own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment