Monday 12 September 2011

Inspiration for Music Video.

Hadouken! - Liquid Lives.
For the inspirations for my music video after the discussion I had with my group we decided to look for videos similar to the ideas we had - focusing on the theme of a party. The most interesting thing about this video I found was the camerawork and the angles used. Throughout the video there are cameras connected to the instruments that the band are playing and infront of the singer. This is an unusual technique and makes the video more original. The editing is also quick which matches the pace of the track. I also liked the ultraviolet light, with the majority of the 'audience' wearing white t-shirts which emphasises them throughout the music video.


Sssnake Pit - Enter Shikari
Although the majority of this music video is the band simply playing to an audience I felt that the first minute was interesting and relevant to the ideas me and my group discussed. At the beginning the editing it fast, with straight cuts seeming to 'blur' between the band playing and a small gathering of people. This emphasises the atmosphere of the scene more and I feel it would be a good technique to consider using in my own video. I also liked the lighting in this video, which was green neon. It gave the video interesting appearance.

Skins Reverse Trailer
This is the main inspiration for my groups music video. The reverse technique used in the editing as a party is played backwards. We have decided to use this editing technique in our own video as we feel it will make our video and plot more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment